Teachers, staff, students, parents and the community work in partnership to create life-long learners who are responsible, productive citizens.
Lowell Elementary School's mission is to ensure the personal and intellectual success of all students by having high expectations, a commitment to excellence, and a comprehensive school program, confirming the belief that all students can learn and lead responsible, satisfying lives.
- Challenged, engaged, and respectful students
- Safe, clean, and welcoming campus
- Friendly, positive, and nuturing school climate
click here to download Six Pillar of Character Calendar
A Note From the Health Dept. Regarding Whooping Cough
Please see the attached information from the City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services regarding whooping cough. Additional information on required immunizations for students is available .
Posted by: Public Information Office
New Student Registration Information
Packets for new student registration for the 2014-2015 school year will be available beginning Tuesday, January 21, 2014. Click here for more information. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact our attendance/enrollment clerk, Nancy Kull.
Dear Lowell Families,
Since the March edition of the Lowell Log, so much has transpired that continues to speak volumes about the Lowell Legacy. While highlighting exemplary events and success stories is always a precarious endeavor when you're at a school with so many remarkable things going on, I just had to share several incredible happenings...
- Our Spring Action - "The Ruckus at the Ebell" was once again a tremendous success! Thanks to the tireless efforts of countless committee members, staff members, family members, and community partners, not only did we have a blast, but all of the proceeds go directly to funding the enrichment programs that make Lowell a model school! The Auction Committee truly did a remarkable job of coordinating a fun, community-building event, and for that we are all thankful. We are all appreciative of our entire PTA's vigorous, unwavering efforts to make our school a better place for all students to reach their full potential!
- Our second annual "Pancakes for P.E." event had another great turnout for a wonderful cause - continuing our focus on educating the whole child (academically, behaviorally, emotionally and physically). Thanks to our local Long Beach Fire Department firefighters who volunteered their time and donated the food, we were able to raise about $2,300 to supplement the funding that the PTA has generously provided for our model P. E. program. Combined with our second "Pennies for P.E." drive, our students and staff are taking an active role in helping to sustain a quality, standards-based P.E. program for our students at Lowell!
- Our second trimester officially came to a close, and our teachers continue to show their dedication to providing a world-class education to all of our Lowell sea stars. This was evidenced by the 757 progress reports that I had the pleasure of reading (and bragging about to my principal colleagues). Our teachers did a remarkable job of communicating each student's strengths, as well as opportunities for improvement for all of us - teachers, administrators, students and families - to work on, as we enthusiastically anticipate another successful third trimester!
Thank you, again, for helping our students to develop a foundation for a lifetime of success, as we support them in achieving the American Dream through a world-class education!
With Gratitude and Appreciation,
Principal, Lowell Elementary School
School District News